Customized FreeBSD CD (was: Can I install Free BSD latest version on my laptop with dual boot?)

manikandan.x.balachandran at jpmchase.com manikandan.x.balachandran at jpmchase.com
Fri Jan 4 07:42:26 PST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to install Free BSD on my Laptop, The boot disk is not
detecting my HDD, i am using FUJITSU HDD 80GB, Y?

Some junk text is moving from bottom to top,

Manikandan Balachandran
JPMC IB T&O - Jupiter STS
Tel: +44 1202-325271
Cell: +44 7891649680
Email: manikandan.x.balachandran at jpmchase.com
JPMorgan Chase, 18 Christchurch Road
Floor 1, Bournemouth, BH1 3BA , UK

Manolis Kiagias <sonicy at otenet.gr>
21/12/2007 02:35 PM

        To:     manikandan.x.balachandran at jpmchase.com
        cc:     freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
        Subject:        Re: Customized FreeBSD CD (was: Can I install Free

manikandan.x.balachandran at jpmchase.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your immediate response
>
> Yes, I spend two days and found out there are lot of tips in your
> documentation thanks?
>
> After compiling the Free BSD Kernel and making some changes on my
> system then how do I make the installable CD/DVD from my source (My
> Free BSD) to distribute to others?
>
> One more question: Can I use ZFS on Free BSD?
>
> Cheers,
> B.Manikandan
> Bournemouth, UK

Please do not top post.

There are couple of ways to create a custom FreeBSD CD and you will find
them by simply googling. I have not tried any, but this one looks
promising:

http://livecd.sourceforge.net/documentos.php

It is available in the ports collection too: /usr/ports/sysutils/livecd

ZFS will be available on FreeBSD 7.

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to UK legal entities.