Opera, Flash and the stench of failure...

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 05:17:01 PST 2008

Seeing the thread about flash with mozilla, I thought, "a flash plugin
with opera would be cool." Last night I tried to get flash working
with opera. I failed. With native opera, I cannot get any plugins to
work. Here is what I know:

1. What opera bitches about:
   Could not start operapluginwrapper.
   Plugins will not work correctly.

2. Why opera bitches:
   ldd operapluginwrapper;
   libXThrStub.so.6 => not found (0x0)

3. Why it is missing:
   "On OpenBSD, and on old FreeBSD, libc lacks pthread stubs.
   This is a problem because libX11 needs to support threading,
   but shouldn't cause all X programs to be linked against the
   threading library. The solution is libXThrStub (UIThrStubs.c),
   which provides weak symbols to stub threading functions,
   which are ignored if the application links against the thread
   library. I had moved libXThrStub into libX11, because it
   seemed unnecessary."

4. What I have installed:
   linux-flashplugin-9.0r115 Adobe Flash Player NPAPI Plugin
   opera-9.25.20071214 A blazingly fast, full-featured,
standards-compliant browse
   opera-linuxplugins-9.21.20070510_1 Linux plugin support for the
native Opera browser

Does anyone have flash working with opera? If so, how? Where can I get
libXThrStub.so.6?
-Modulok-