Asus eee (was Re: G4 Quicksilver as Web Server?)

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Jan 3 01:16:36 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:14:19AM -0500, Ed Maste wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 06:20:22PM +0000, James Jeffery wrote:
>
> > Before i end the toipic, anyone got any feeback on the Asus Eee (mini
> > laptops) with FreeBSD?
>
> It works, but no drivers exist for the wireless or wired Ethernet ports.
> The wireless is a newer Atheros part and ath(4) should gain support for
> it, but I have no idea what the timeline will be.  The wired Ethernet
> is an Atheros (formerly Attansic) L2 10/100, and I'm not aware of any
> concrete plans for a driver for it.
>
> I've used a Linksys USB200M USB ethernet (axe(4) driver) with mine and
> that works well.

Do you happen to know how well it's supported with the other major BSD
Unix systems (Open- and Net-)?

John W. Russell: "People point. Sometimes that's just easier. They also use
words. Sometimes that's just easier. For the same reasons that pointing has
not made words obsolete, there will always be command lines."