Extremely slow authentication via SSH on FreeBSD 6.0

Edson Noboru Yamada enyamada at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:14:54 PST 2008

Your last hint suggests that this is, in fact, a dns reverse resolution
issue.

Log into your server which is slow and try to resolve the ip address
of the host you trying to connect from (for instance, if you trying to
connect from
10.0.0.1 to 199.1.1.1, log into 199.1.1.1 and execute something like
"nslookup 10.0.0.1").
If the command times out, you found the issue.

hth