What provides libfontconfig.la?

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Fri Feb 29 18:44:57 UTC 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008 18:12:48 Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi, I recently upgraded my system from FreeBSD 6.0 to 6.3. But Im having
> trouble with some ports that are unable to find
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.la. Where does this come from, so i can
> (re)install it? I couldnt find this by Googling
>
> I did try to force reinstall xorg, but that didnt work.

Did you upgrade xorg following the instructions? E.g.:
$ less -gi -p20070519 /usr/ports/UPDATING

FYI:
$ grep libfontconfig.la /usr/ports/x11-fonts/*/pkg-plist
/usr/ports/x11-fonts/fontconfig/pkg-plist:lib/libfontconfig.la

But I suggest you check if your Xorg upgrade is done properly first, 6.0 used
6.9 xorg.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.