Re Mac Emulation / Centra Software

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Feb 29 09:50:51 UTC 2008

I'm sorry, it's not possible.  There's no emulator for MacOS X
under FreeBSD or any of the BSD's for that matter.  MacOS X
may be partly built on FreeBSD but partly isn't good enough.

However, according to the Saba Centra website, at least 2 years
ago they announced they would be offering a Linux client:

http://www.saba.com/news_events/press_releases/2006/news_092606_products.htm

"...Saba also plans to enable users to participate in live sessions on
mobile devices and support, in the same session, users attending on multiple
platform clients, including iPods and PCs running on Mac or Linux operating
environments..."

So I should think by now they would have something.  You need to
off and assuming that there is only a Mac and Windows client -
get him to call Saba Centra tech support if he's that ignorant
about the products he's supposedly administering.  Likely you
could run the Linux version under the FreeBSD Linuxulator.

You also might consider buying a used Mac.  You can get a
used slot-loading iMac with DVD reader for about $100, and you
can still buy Tiger for PowerPC direct from Apple for about $130.
You just need to add ram, and flash BIOS to the correct
version, then boot off the Tiger install DVD and off you go.

Ted