7.0 Release for Alpha

Olivier Mueller om-lists-bsd at omx.ch
Fri Feb 29 07:47:56 UTC 2008

Le 29 févr. 08 à 06:21, Moises Castellanos a écrit :
> I try to download the 7.0 Release for Alpha Platform, but "550 no such
> directory"
> Y search in ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/ and
> there is
> no 7.0-RELEASE
> Anyone know why this is happening ???

Compare:
"FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE is now available for the amd64, i386, ia64, pc98,
and powerpc architectures. The version for the sparc64 architecture
will become available in a few days. Some of the package builds are
still in progress."
( http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html )

with:
"FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE is now available for the alpha, amd64, i386,
pc98, and sparc64 architectures."
( http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.3R/announce.html )

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-alpha/2006-May/003011.html
Short version: "Alpha support is being retired in 7.0"

regards & HTH,
Olivier