problem with linuxthreads when installing mysql5

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Wed Feb 27 17:11:11 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 17:45:47 Nicolas Letellier wrote:

> When I want to install mysql5-server (with portinstall and these
> WITH_OPENSSL=yes BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes WITH_LINUXTHREADS=yes), I've got
> this error:
>
> ===>  Installing for linuxthreads-2.2.3_23
> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> ===>  Checking if devel/linuxthreads already installed
> ===>   linuxthreads-2.2.3_23 is already installed
>       You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
>       by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
>       If you really wish to overwrite the old port of devel/linuxthreads
>       without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
>       in your environment or the "make install" command line.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql50-client.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> /tmp/portinstall.26307.1 env make WITH_CHARSET=latin1
> WITH_COLLATION=latin1_swedish_ci WITH_OPENSSL=yes BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes
> WITH_LINUXTHREADS=yes
> ** Fix the problem and try again.
> [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 49 packages
> found (-0 +1) . done]
> ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>         ! databases/mysql50-client      (unknown build error)
>

> So... I delete linuxthreads (with pkg_deinstall) and I retry... The
> error is the same. Installing mysql50-server with linuxthread option
> installes linuxthread port two times... The first time, it works, the
> second, I got this message.
>
> Why 'portinstall mysql5-server' installs two times linuxthreads? How
> solve this problem?

Because mysql50-server port thinks -lthread can only have shlib version 3 or
5, while if built with gcc 4 (FreeBSD 7.x), you get 6 or 7.

So, you can wait for the port to be fixed or not use linuxthreads.

You could fix the port yourself, by altering the following line:
LIB_DEPENDS+=   lthread.[35]:${PORTSDIR}/devel/linuxthreads
to:
LIB_DEPENDS+=   lthread.[3-7]:${PORTSDIR}/devel/linuxthreads

in /usr/ports/databases/mysql50-server/Makefile

BUT....there might be a reason the port maintainer excludes these version
numbers.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.