RELENG_7 versus RELENG_7_0, latter is newer?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Mon Feb 25 07:10:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 01:10:04AM +0000, Chris wrote:
> On 24/02/2008, Erik Trulsson <ertr1013 at student.uu.se> wrote:
>

> I thought it over and understand what you saying now, they branched
> off 7.0R at the start of the release process and from that point
> development between that and the stable branch wont necessarily be
> synched.  My only wonder left now is that is 7.0 now in release code
> as its tagged as such.

It is not officially released until the official announcement has gone out.

That the release has been tagged does constitute such an announcment and
there could still be some last-minute changes made before the relase is made
(with the tag being moved forward in such a case.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se