[Wireless] Can't connect to wlan

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Feb 23 20:10:25 UTC 2008

On Saturday 23 February 2008 20:50:04 Alphons "Fonz" van Werven wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've been trying to connect my laptop, running 7.0-RC3, to my wireless
> network but It Isn't Working.
>
> Wpa_supplicant can find the network ok and ifconfig shows the correct SSID,
> authentication mode, protocol, BSSID etc. However, it also says "no
> carrier". So needless to say DHCP cries "no link" and fails.

First cause to check is authentication keys. I'm going to assume you're using
WEP, in which case the nr.1 cause with wpa_supplicant is that you're trying
to use wepkey1 rather then wepkey0. It should look like this:
        wep_key0=FE0lblablablehexkey
        wep_tx_keyidx=0

If it's not wep you're using, now would be a good time to mention what you are
using :)

--
Mel