usb4bsd vs. stock ucom/umodem drivers and pantech px-500

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Sat Feb 23 02:39:27 UTC 2008

So in 6.3-RELEASE-p1 both amd64 and i386 I am getting 25K/sec off my sprint
EVDO pcmcia card.  This is an order of magnitude drop vs. 6.2-R and 7.0-RC1
7.0 had a habit of panicing after a few minutes of heavy transfer, so I ended
up downgrading to 6.3-R.

In a search for a solution I gave usb4bsd a try and am back to normal speeds
(250K/sec)

I'm not sure there is a question here, more just something for other people to
google.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel

PGP: 8A48 EF36 5E9F 4EDA 5A8C 11B4 26F9 01F1 27AF AECB