6.3-STABLE Apache 2.0 uses high CPU when restarted....

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Fri Feb 22 16:33:25 UTC 2008

Mel wrote:
> On Friday 22 February 2008 04:26:12 Forrest Aldrich wrote:
>
>> Mel wrote:
>>
>>> Your extensions.ini has duplicate and non-existing modules. Start here:
>>>
>>> mv /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini.bkp
>>> sort -u /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini.bkp |while read MOD; do
>>>  if test -f /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/${MOD##extension=}; then
>>>     echo $MOD
>>>  fi
>>> done >/usr/local/etc/extensions.ini
>>> php -v
>>>
>> I've done this and still have a problem with PHP5 dumping core:
>>
>> root at mail /usr/ports/lang/php5]# php -v
>>
>> PHP 5.2.5 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) (built: Feb 21 2008 21:51:01)
>> Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
>> Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
>>    with eAccelerator v0.9.5.2, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by
>> eAccelerator
>>    with Suhosin v0.9.18, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by Hardened-PHP Project
>> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>>
>> I tried compiling this without eAccelerator, got the same problem.  I'm now
>> trying it without the Suhosin enhancements to see if that's the problem -
>> sent a copy of this to the PHP5 port maintainer.
>>

> Sorry, the internet is global and my pumpkin time was up.
>
> Suhosin isn't the problem.
> What the above did is make sure you have no non-existing modules loading and
> no modules twice. But the sort order was alphabetic and that's why it still
> dumps core.
> Some modules depend on eachother and one needs to be loaded before the other
> or it goes to hell. Nothing else you can do then figure out the correct
> order. Experience teaches spl, session and mysqli are common culprits.
>
> spl before sqlite before pdo_sqlite before session before mysqli before
> xmlreader
>
> *usually* works.

I tried this and still having core dumps.

This seems like an odd problem that the PHP folk might need to solve
somehow.

There must be a way to use the php.core file to determine what's causing
it to crash... not something I've had much experience with.  If I can
determine where it's crashing, then I can have a better sense of what
needs to be re-ordered.

I noticed over time as I upgraded php modules that it did put in
duplicate entries... seems like a bug.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it ;-)

Forrest