ionCube PHP Encoder / Loader on FreeBSD 6 / 7

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Fri Feb 22 13:05:31 UTC 2008

patrick wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Doug Poland <doug at polands.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  I'm having problems getting ionCube's PHP loader working on either
>>  6.3-RELEASE or 7.0-RC2 (both i386).  I've followed the install
>>  instructions, edited php.ini, installed compat5x and compat6x libraries,
>>  but just cannot get the loader to work.  Both boxes are running PHP 5.2.5.
>>
>>  Have googled and read the ioncube forums.  I must be missing something
>>  obvious.
>>
>>  Thanks in advance...
>>
 > Hi Doug,
 >
 > You may get more help if you provide some more details like log
 > messages or specifics about what is not working.
 >
 > Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the response.  My error was in the details, as you
suggested.  I was using this statement for the loader:

zend_extension_ts =
/usr/local/www/OllaCart/includes/ioncube/ioncube_loader_fre_5.2_ts.so

On my boxes, PHP was built without thread support, so I should have said
this:

zend_extension =
/usr/local/www/OllaCart/includes/ioncube/ioncube_loader_fre_5.2.so

Note the (_ts).  Now everything is working great.  Attention to detail...

--
Regards,
Doug