Multiple versions of PHP

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:02:07 UTC 2008

Okay, I got it installed, but I had to make temporary changes to
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.php.mk. My first idea was to build with:

make PREFIX=/usr/local/php5 LOCALBASE=/usr/local/php5

but that didn't work because other things expect LOCALBASE to be
/usr/local (or rather, expect that whatever LOCALBASE is set to will
contain various other supporting build utilities).

It would be nice if bsd.php.mk used ${LOCALPHPBASE} which would by
default be set to ${LOCALBASE}. This would allow for multiple
installations of PHP in different locations.

Patrick