FTPD and IExplore

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Feb 20 22:02:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:15:13 +0200
"klerfe [Bodegas]" <klerfe at stereo.lt> wrote:

> Hi. My problem is i cannot connect to my ftp server (started from
> inetd) via IExplore or any other web browser. I've added user ftp to
> enable anonymous logins on my ftp server and it works when connecting
> via ftp client such as Total Commander. But it doesn't work via any
> web browser. My OS is FreeBSD 6.2. I had 5.4 before, and i didn't had
> this problem on previous machine. The problem appeared when i freshly
> reinstalled the operating system. Any suggestions?

I run pure-ftpd for my FTP server, and it has no problems with IE or
Firefox. Then again, it is not started from 'inetd' so that might
have something to to with it. Since you stated that no web browser can
make a connection, that kind of rules out IE as the culprit.

Do you receive any type of error message? What does it say? I just
tried accessing ftp.stereo.lt, I hope that is your FTP site, and it
asked for log-in credentials.

--

Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

PARTY:	A gathering where you meet people who drink
	so much you can't even remember their names.