FreeBSD & Linux distro

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Feb 19 16:11:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 09:26:42AM -0600, Erik Osterholm wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 02:39:26AM -0800, Lone Wolf wrote:
> > Hi.
> > How FreeBSD differ from any Linx distro like Ubuntu?
> > Thanks.
>
> Others have answered this sufficiently, but I wonder if this shouldn't
> be made into a FAQ item.  It's certainly asked enough.

There have been extensive articles on this subject.
I don't have my links conveniently available at the moment,
but a brief search should turn up several  There are links
on the FreeBSD site and Onlamp and other places have extensive
notes - both from pro FreeBSD perspectives and even some more
pro Linux.   But most are pretty neutral, just giving information.

So, do a little searching.

////jerry