Is my hard ware sufficient?

Lone Wolf hubaghdadi at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 19 09:19:52 UTC 2008

I'm not going to serve any one, I just want to take a small test drive with FreeBSD .
Regarding my graphic card, it is 32 MB, is it ok?
Does FreeBSD come bundled with GNOME?
Thanks demons!

Olivier Nicole <on at cs.ait.ac.th> wrote: > I'm thinking to install FreeBSD on my old PC.
> ---
> Processor: Intel Celeron 1.3 GH
> RAM: 192 MB
> ---
> Is my hard ware sufficient?

Sufficient to do what?

Until not so long ago, my DNS server was a PIII 550 MHz, with
something like 120 MB RAM, serving about 150 clients.

I changed the hardware mostly because I had bigger machines available.

Olivier

    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before.
  E.A Poe