Support for Asus P4S800D-E

Jaco le Roux jaco at videoafrica.co.za
Mon Feb 18 21:05:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.3 on a system with a Asus P4S800D-E
motherboard. I believe it uses the SiS 955TX chipset to control the hard
disks. When I enter the sysinstall utility to do a Standard Install,
sysinstall does not recognise my hard disk. This is because the SATA hard
drive runs off its SATA controller and is not normally seen by OS's unless
3rd party software/drivers is loaded. There is no FreeBSD support on the SiS
website, however I found another thread: