My Rebuild Problem

tonylabarbara at aol.com tonylabarbara at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 16:00:16 UTC 2008

Hi:
I wrote earlier, got one response. It was way off course, so I´m rewriting. No, I can rebuild X11 if I can solve the following problem:

Strange problem here. /usr/local got wiped for no reason I can think of. Everything. Nothing there at all. I can´t
even change the pw. Nothing on this build anyway. But went to rebuild (6.2) and
got caught in a loop -- note, that´s a loop -- in these steps:
-- Select Drive

-- FDISK Partition Editor ("Q")

-- Install Boot Manager

I would prefer to rebuild (note: rebuild) because I want to add X Windows (that´s ADD X) and I´d rather not
have to rebuild the kernel. How can I wipe the drive? If I cannot rebuild, can I
just add the ports? What about changing pw?
TIA,
Tony