network not performing - where to start?

Boldra paul at boldra.com
Mon Feb 18 12:22:34 UTC 2008

Thanks for your suggestions Erik, I had only been speed testing with
smb.  I just did a quick test with wget under cygwin and I'm still
getting around 1.5MB/second, which is about the same as I get with smb.

scp peaked at around 900KB/second, which also seems to suggest the
hardware is only working at 10% capacity.

Can you point me to a man page or something for your suggestion "use
packet filtering statistics" ?  Where do I start?

Paul Boldra