sysinstall: can't change certain options

Erik Osterholm freebsd-lists-erik at erikosterholm.org
Fri Feb 15 22:57:57 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a scripted sysinstall, and one of my hopes is
that I could change the directory where the distributions will be
extracted.  To that end, I do the following:

$ sysinstall loadConfig install.cfg

where install.cfg contains only the following:
optionsEditor

I move over the the Install Root line and hit enter, and nothing
happens.  sysinstall doesn't hang, it just doesn't let me change the
directory.  If I start sysinstall without loadConfig, it works just
fine.

So is there a good way to do what I'm trying to do?  If not, is there
a better way to extract the dists and partition my disk in a more
automated fashion?

Erik