Evolution just sluggish, slow and slow

E. J. Cerejo ejcerejo at optonline.net
Thu Feb 14 23:59:53 UTC 2008

sergio lenzi wrote:
> Em Qua, 2008-02-13 às 22:51 -0500, E. J. Cerejo escreveu:
>
>> I never had this problem before with evolution, but since upgrading to
>> FBSD 6.3 from 6.2, evolution just takes about a minute to start and
>> consumes 98% of my CPU.  I recently rebuild it from source but still too
>> slow, no improvement.  Any ideas?  Second time posting this problem.
>> There are no errors when I start it from terminal.
>> It usually only took 3 seconds to start.
>

> Humm.... interesting...  can you please explain what do you mean
> from "start it from terminal" ???
>
> I can trace the problem if I have a working situation
>

> Thanks for your attention,
>
> Sergio

I deinstalled the one compiled from ports and installed the package
version and it is still slow and I'm getting this now (if I run
evolution from terminal):

CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...
** (evolution:14622): DEBUG: mailto URL command: evolution %s
** (evolution:14622): DEBUG: mailto URL program: evolution