LDAP user authentication?

Jon Theil Nielsen jontheil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 20:43:59 UTC 2008

2008/2/14, Dave <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com>:
> Hi,
>     Actually i'm only using jails, because i haven't got all the bugs worked
>  out yet and when i do i'm going to just copy the files over and go
>  production. Other than that these files will work for a freebsd system. In
>  brief you'll need openldap server and client ports, i'm using 2.4, pam_ldap
>  port and nss_ldap port. Go configure all that and that'll do it, take it in
>  stages, slapd first, the ldap client next, then either pam_ldap or nss_ldap,
>  one thing you'll definitely want is tls encryption, can't help with that as
>  i'm still trying to get that working.
>     If you need any help let me know, i'll do what i can.
>
> Dave.
Hi again,
I don't know what happened, but now I found some seemingly useful
descriptions of LDAP authentication on FreeBSD. The one that appeared
must relevant is this one:
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-49221.html
Maybe it could be useful for you too. Obviously, I haven't had the
time to work trough the description yet, but I will give it a try.

Best regards,
Jon