archiving all IMAP mail?

C Thala cthala at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:15:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 02:38:46AM -0600, Jack Barnett wrote:
> This is the setup I use:
>
> external accounts (pop, imap, etc) <->fetchmail -> procmail ->
> filter&archive -> imap
> local accounts -> procmail -> filter&archive -> imap
>
> Then my imap clients connect to the imap server.

Please explain what you mean by "local accounts".

If I'm not mistaken from reading your reply, this implies one of two
things:

    1. That I have two IMAP servers, one where I get all my mail, and a
       second one where I push mail after I have filtered/archived it.
       The first one should only by used by fetchmail, the second one is
       read by my various IMAP MUAs.

    2. That I somehow have write access to the backend of my IMAP
       server, so I can pull all the mail from INBOX, do my
       archiving/filtering, and then repush to various folders and read
       from there.

Is that correct?