downloading video from http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=...

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 21:52:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 04:07:12PM +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any command line tool in FreeBSD for downloading a video from a
> URL like http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7540047147367608928
> in the way youtube-dl, for example, does? Thx in advance
>
> 	matthias

Not exactly what you're looking for but there is a video downloader
extension for firefox that works with video.google amongst others:

I suppose by reverse engineering the video downloader extension you
could probably come up with a perl/python script to use from the
command line. AFAIK nobodys done this.

--

 Frank

 Contact info: http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/misc/contact.html