buildkernel error going from 6.2-STABLE to 6.3-STABLE i386

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Wed Feb 13 15:29:46 UTC 2008

Doug Poland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to build a GENERIC kernel for 6.3-STABLE and am getting
> the following error message:
>
> cc -c -O -pipe  -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs
> -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
> -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -std=c99 -g -nostdinc -I-  -c
> /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/clock.c: In function `DELAY':
> /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/clock.c:301: warning: implicit declaration of
> function `cpu_spinwait'
> /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/clock.c:301: warning: nested extern declaration of
> `cpu_spinwait'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>

> This is a fresh cvsup using:
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6
>
> The buildworld step worked without issue.  I've googled but have yet to
> find an answer.  Any ideas?

I'm having this same issue trying to build a custom kernel.  I did a
minimal install, and ran buildworld / buildkernel / installkernel /
installworld without issue 3 days ago.  However when I try to run
buildkernel with either my custom config file, or the GENERIC file, I
get this exact error.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Greg Groth