Network Help

Victor Farah victor at netmediaservices.net
Tue Feb 12 23:32:11 UTC 2008

Hello,
I have a machine setup with FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE setup on a
10/100/1000 switch.  There are a pair of em interfaces, and the network
traffic on this machine is very spuratic.  Both EM interfaces reach
100Mbps and falls to 5~10Mbps, the very next minute, the traffic is very
spuratic.  The media of the interfaces is as follows:
EM0: media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseTX <full-duplex>)
EM1: media: Ethernet 1000baseTX <full-duplex>
Currently the EM1 card is in use.
I watch an MRTG that I have setup to see the machine failing at
sustaining its bandwidth.
I have 13 other machines setup the same way but traffic is running fine
and working very well, the only difference between those and the new
one, is that it's pushing much more data through it; almost the same
amount of data the 13 other machines push combined.