HTTP POST

cpghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Tue Feb 12 16:15:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 07:57:14AM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>> If it is the bytes on the network, I have no answer.
>
> bytes on network. i want to write my own www server, actually i already
> wrote, with working everything except post.

It is definitely fun, but why won't you use www/lighttpd instead?

Lighty is an excellent super fast web server with an extremely small
memory footprint. I fell in love with it a few years ago, and migrated
most Apache-based sites I manage to it, because they don't need all
the extra bells and whistles.

> things got much nicer than using apache+cgi, it's 100 times simpler and
> faster to have it all in single program
>
> when it will have this tested, i will make cutdown version just to serve
> static pages, to replace apache in 95% of cases :)

That's exactly where lighttpd excels at: serving static content
very efficiently, even for very high bandwidth sites. ;)

Regards,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/