linux compat: path problem? /compat/linux/bin/sh doesn't work!

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Mon Feb 11 17:21:45 UTC 2008

> sh-3.00$ ls
> ls: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: ELF
> file OS ABI invalid
> sh-3.00$
>
> So............................that don't seem right.  How do I get
> /compat/linux/bin/sh to work right?  New .shrc file?  Something I
> missed?

[wojtek at wojtek ~]$ /compat/linux/bin/sh
sh-3.00$ ls
b     compat     dvd      etc   libexec     mnt   mnt4      proc
sbin  usr
bin   COPYRIGHT  dvd2     home  lost+found  mnt2  NOBACKUP
razor-agent.log  sys   var
boot  dev        entropy  lib   media       mnt3  pen       root
tmp   zip
sh-3.00$ /compat/linux/bin/ls
b     compat     dvd      etc   libexec     mnt   mnt4      proc
sbin  usr
bin   COPYRIGHT  dvd2     home  lost+found  mnt2  NOBACKUP
razor-agent.log  sys   var
boot  dev        entropy  lib   media       mnt3  pen       root
tmp   zip

looks ok on my system.

sh works on yours - as you were able to put a command.

> sh-3.00$ ls
> ls: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: ELF
> file OS ABI invalid

means that your /compat/linux/lib/librt.so.1 is missing or ldconfig on
linux subdirs not done.

did you have

linux_enable="YES" in your rc.conf

if not set it and rerun /etc/rc.d/abi