PHP - mbstring question

Kieran freebsd at rmnanetworks.com
Fri Feb 8 21:43:08 UTC 2008

Hi Darryl,

You do not need to uninstall the extensions, simply ensure the directory is
clean (make clean) do a make config and select the correct options. You
should then do a make install clean. This will allow the installer to not
take as long rebuilding extensions which are already installed. **sudo is
not needed but is a good practise**
$ cd /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions && sudo make clean && sudo make config

Now install the newly configured php4 extensions.
$ sudo make install clean

Best Regards,

Kieran