pxeboot, TFTP only, NFS MOUNT RPC error: 60, timeout

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Thu Feb 7 20:03:33 UTC 2008

Rek Jed wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've been building FreeBSD jumpstart infrastructure and it mostly
> works.  I'm using tftp  to boot off the network in to scripted
> sysinstall.  I compiled the boot loader with tftp support but every time
> I boot it will first try nfs, then timeout after around two minutes (it
> cannot find nfs) and finally boot from tftp.  Is there any way that I
> can make it boot from tftp straight away rather than wait for nfs to
> timeout?

This should "Just Work", and I've had it work about half a year ago on
6.2. Which version are you compiling on?

The tutorial I have handy[1] says to compile with:

    make -DLOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT=YES

I'm not sure if it makes a difference. Anyhow, the boot loader source
looks like it can't cope with both TFTP and NFS at the same time, so
there might be a bug in there after all.

Erik

[1] http://www.locolomo.org/pub/pxeboot/index.html