is there a 2.3.x package for OO?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Feb 7 02:44:48 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 06 February 2008 15:37:18 Nikola Lečić wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:20:53 -0800
>
> Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> > To cut down my email I unsub'd to the OOo mailing list, so I'll ask
> > here if there is a new package of the latest or near-latest that I
> > can set off at night and have it installed by morning.     Any exact
> > URL's would be a great help.
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> The best place for the most recent information:
>
>   http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/
>
> A note: if you plan to install OOo-2.3.X packages from good-day.net on
> 6.X, you'll probably have to install gcc >= 4.2 yourself.
>
> Best regards.

Thanks Nikola.  I just checked and found the latest is 2.3.0 -- and for 6.x,
while I'm running 7.0-rcx.   (*sigh*)   The last time I tried to build OO, it
broke.   This was running the Gnome windowing suite, not KDE.    Can you
[[ or anyone else onlist ]] tell me of successes or snafus in building 2.3.1
from src??  I prefer building from src over a package even if it does take a
day++ to finish.  It's not fun, tho, when the compiler gets almost done, and
then things break.....

Oh *well*         :-)

gary

--