OT: www search engines

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Wed Feb 6 13:31:37 UTC 2008

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> what search engines, other than Google, do you find useful for general use?
>
> google simply don't like to talk with me, when i like to use anything to
> protect my privacy. i don't abuse this service, but i don't like google
> tracing what i search, when and why.
>
> it started maybe week ago, so i have to use something else.

I started using google when it was still a cgi, I was a big fan. I have
not used anything google for several years now. No gmail, no Picassa,
nothing I can avoid. No deep political reasons, just a personal choice.
I have used Yahoo for quite a awhile and been very happy with the
results I get. At least I've not gone wanting for info because of my
search engine choice.

DAve

--
Google finally, after 7 years, provided a logo for
veterans. Thank you Google. What to do with my signature now?