OT: www search engines

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Wed Feb 6 00:13:09 UTC 2008

> I have always, and continue to, used Altavista.  I like the ability to quote

i will switch. thanks. probably millons others will too, and it will
punish google.

> search terms and narrow the search to only what I'm looking for.  I use
> Google when I need to do "search term site:utdallas.edu" for something, but
> other than that, I use Altavista.  Don't know what tracking they do, though.

they try to remember all my searches. but it wasn't a problem.

when i try to use it through tor, or some anonymous proxies, i'm getting
captchas forever.

i found that lot of people complain on the same, while not even trying to
protect their privacy, using network "normal" way.