unix domain socket security and PID retrieval

Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wundram at beenic.net
Tue Feb 5 16:19:58 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 15:28:26 schrieb Zane C.B.:
> <snip>

As far as I understand the code you've written, that won't work, because
you're tying to send/receive the ancilliary messages as socket data, and not
as a separate message.

Additionally, I don't program any Perl (left that for good about eight years
ago), and as such, I won't be of much help putting something together in Perl
to do what you want.

If you're interested in C code that works (possibly to ask someone more
proficient in Perl to translate that), just tell me, and I'll hack something
together.

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development