usb wifi

Jonathan McKeown jonathan+freebsd-questions at hst.org.za
Mon Feb 4 23:57:19 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 00:28, Peter Harrison wrote:
> I don't know about the adaptor you've mentioned, but I'm using an Asus
> WL-167g (a ralink chipset) without problem using the native ural driver.
> Check the manpage for other supported devices.

But be wary. I've recently been in correspondence with someone (on a Linux
Users' Group list) who bought an Asus WL-167G on the strength of the ural(4)
manpage, and found it didn't work - apparently later versions use a different
Ralink chipset which as far as we could tell is only supported in the rum(4)
driver in 7.0.

Jonathan