OT: Silly Bind question

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Sun Feb 3 08:02:40 PST 2008

Mark D. Foster wrote:
> DAve wrote:
>>
>> I am stumped, what have I done wrong?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> DAve
>>

> Looks to me like you need to remove the pixelhammer.com zone from your
> old bind servers, as the delegation from the root points to
> ns1auth.tls.net and ns2auth.tls.net both of which appear to have
> authority for the zone AND the txt record you seek.

I used pixelhammer because it was not a commercial clients domain.
ns1auth.tls.net is the server running TinyDNS. Text records work there.
ns1.totallogic.com is the server running Bind and text records don't
work. Yes, ns2.totallogic.com is a lame server for pixelhammer.com  but
I don't believe that causes Bind to withold a text record. For the
purpose of testing it should work, shouldn't it?

DAve

--
Google finally, after 7 years, provided a logo for
veterans. Thank you Google. What to do with my signature now?