Looking for a Text on ZFS

Christian Baer christian.baer at uni-dortmund.de
Sun Feb 3 03:30:35 PST 2008

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 21:11:21 +0100 Mel wrote:

> If you review the "Not done" items @ http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFS and still are
> doubting, then http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/whatis/ describes
> what the features *can* be. I got a good impression from that text what the
> advantages are, but I'm too conservative to migrate myself. YMMV.

I already read that before I posted my question. Neither by this text,
nor by the one in the Wikipedia could I participate in the exitement
around ZFS. Ok, so it's a 128Bit FS. Big fat, hairy deal! I couldn't see
any advantages in using it instead of FFS (UFS), but I thought I was
missing something because porting it would have been somewhat of a hassle
and noone would go to all that trouble if it wasn't worth the effort.

Regards,
Chris