Looking for a Text on ZFS

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Feb 2 12:11:24 PST 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008 20:07:50 Christian Baer wrote:

> Can anyone give me a link to a text on ZFS that tells me why I might want
> to use that instead of FFS? I don't want to start a discussion which is
> better, just a comparison, as I assume that the two are not designed to do
> the same things. And if possible one that is understandable to people who
> don't hack FS-code. :-)

If you review the "Not done" items @ http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFS and still are
doubting, then http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/whatis/ describes
what the features *can* be. I got a good impression from that text what the
advantages are, but I'm too conservative to migrate myself. YMMV.

--
Mel