well, blew it... sed or perl q again.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Dec 31 01:48:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:16:33PM +0100, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> Am Dienstag, 30. Dez 2008, 11:31:14 -0800 schrieb Gary Kline:
> > The problem is that there are many, _many_ embedded
> > "<A HREF="http://whatever> Site</A> in my hundreds, or
> > thousands, or files.  I only want to delete the
> > "http://<junkfoo.com>" lines, _not_ the other Href links.
> >
> > sed or perl?
>
> Ruby. Untested:
>
>   $ ruby -i.bak -pe 'next if ~/href="([^"]*)"/i and $1 == "http://example.com"' somefile.html
>
> Probably you want to do something more sophisticated.
>
> Bertram

	Hi Bertram,

	Well, after about 45 minutes of mousing cut/paste/edit, plus
	editing scripts, i ain't there yet.  if i use the

	   perl -e 'print unless "/m/http:/" || eof; close ARGV if eof' *.htm

	no errors, but the new.htm is == new.htm.bak; in other words,
	it looks like a partial match on just "http" fails.  Don't
	know why.  i'm pretty sure the entire "<A HREF="http://foobar.com"> xxx </A>"
	would do it.

	roland, the dbl quote were necessary it seems.  maybe i'll
	try parens.

	gary

    The 2.17a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php