well, blew it... sed or perl q again.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Dec 30 19:31:21 UTC 2008

	Guys,

	Someone send a sed website that i thought i had bookmarked on
	firefox3.  I don't see it in history; it is not b'marked.
	This question may not be do-able in sed, I don't know.
	BEen searching around for over an hour and a half; have tried
	things that have failed in my /tmp/test directory; time to
	ask the list.

	The problem is that there are many, _many_ embedded
	"<A HREF="http://whatever> Site</A> in my hundreds, or
	thousands, or files.  I only want to delete the
	"http://<junkfoo.com>" lines, _not_ the other Href links.

	Which would be best to use, given that a backup is critical?
	sed or perl?

	tia, as always,

	gary

    The 2.17a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php