local copy of handbook

Frank Shute frank at shute.org.uk
Tue Dec 30 13:33:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:52:57PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:27:17 +0000, Frank Shute <frank at shute.org.uk> wrote:
> > You can keep a local copy of the docs & update the sources for the
> > docs with csup but you have to regenerate them with a make command
> > after you have csup'd.
> >
> > The process is described within this page I just put up:
> >
> > http://www.shute.org.uk/misc/freebsd_uptodate.html
>
> Hi Masoom,
>
> We have been working on a patch for the Handbook that adds a short
> description of the same process.
>
> The patch has been recently posted to freebsd-doc, by Gabor Pali:
>
>   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-doc/2008-December/015315.html
>
> Since you already have written something similar, do you think we can
> convince you to review the patch?  It would be nice if you could help
> us improve it or make it easier to read, and use.

Hi Giorgos,

I think your post was meant to be addressed to me as I wrote the above
guide.

I'd be happy to review the patch that Gabor has written & if necessary
add or subtract from it.

It will take me a bit of time to get up to speed with the mark-up &
review/grok the updating docs in the round. ATM, they certainly fall
short of including anything about updating a local copy of the docs.

I'll sign up for docs@ & then my impertinent/stupid questions about
the docs can be answered there....hopefully ;)

Regards,

--

 Frank