local copy of handbook

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:46:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:16:42 +0530
"Masoom Shaikh" <masoom.shaikh at gmail.com> wrote:

lso I cud use tarballs from FTP, but is there easy way to install
> them ? also csup didn't help here is my csup file
>
> *default tag=RELENG_7
> *default host=ftp2.tw.freebsd.org
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default base=/var/db
> *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
> src-all
> doc-all
>
> csup updates the source each time, but now i am not sure about doc!!

If you do it that way, you have to generate the html files yourself,
cvup fetches generic data files that can be used to generate html , pdf
etc.

What I do these days is mirror the online version with wget.

#!/bin/sh

cd /usr/share/doc/en

wg_args=" --mirror -np -nH --cut-dirs=2 --limit-rate=33k"

bg_flags=""

# Run quietly from cron
[ ! -t 0 ] && bg_flags=" --quiet "

wget $bg_flags $wg_args  "http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/"