cdrom restatus

edmund jones edmundj3 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 02:36:02 UTC 2008

Hello Happy Holidays!

Hope you had a great new years.
Im just writing cause I have a little problem. I must have made an adjustment while trying to round out the compatibility of the jdk.  I guess to the parameter node of fstab and or /dev.  Now when I try to load the cdrom from any where I get "...kernel cannot have more than 32 cdrom devices."
Im stumped. Though, I just checked the site and found a little data.
However could you offer any way to remove the 32 cd - cause -df does not show any loaded. I'll fiddle with the -o and make sure Im syntax ok. but if "you" had to quess -??   Please contact Thanks.