Having issues with the nvidia driver on my box

af300wsm at gmail.com af300wsm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:14:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

For several reasons, one of which was to use the nvidia driver for my
board, I switched from amd64 to i386. So, I installed the driver and
although things are working I'm getting this on console 0:

NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the amd CPU and OS kernel
NVRM: kernel upgrade recommended

So, when I installed the nvidia driver I said to enable AGP. (Figuring only
that this is an AGP board, why not?) My graphical environment works but I'd
like to resolve this. Also, I think that some little quirks in my display
can be attributed to this, but I'm not sure. Is there some sort of kernel
option I must include and build my own kernel?

Thanks,
Andy

ps in case it matters, my board is rather "old." I purchased it 4 years ago
and as I'm not a gamer, it suffices quite nicely. Here's the driver I had
to install for support of this chip:

nvidia-driver-96.43.07 NVidia graphics card binary drivers for hardware
OpenGL ren