ports-mgmt/portmaster question

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 12:35:21 UTC 2008

B. Cook wrote:
> Is there a way to pass make args (other than -m) for each port?
>
> For example if I use -m BUILD_STATIC=YES and -m BUILD_OPTIMIZED=YES for
> mysql50-server.. other than remembering that I did that.. is there
> someway to have portmaster read its portmaster.rc and get that information?

Yes.  Actually, it's not portmaster specific -- it works for any method of
using ports.  Just edit /etc/make.conf to include the options you want.

eg.

WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=      yes
WITH_BDB_VER=   46
WITH_MYSQL_VER= 50
WITH_OPENLDAP_VER=      24
WANT_OPENLDAP_SASL=     yes
WITH_APACHE2=   yes
APACHE_PORT=    www/apache22
WITH_MODPERL2=  yes

If you want options that only apply to specific ports, then you can use
a construct like this:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/databases/mysql*}
WITH_CHARSET=utf8
WITH_XCHARSET=none
WITH_COLLATION=utf8_unicode_ci
WITH_OPENSSL=yes
BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes
WITH_INNODB=yes
WITH_ARCHIVE=yes
WITH_FEDERATED=yes
WITH_NDB=yes
WITH_CSV=yes
WITH_SPHINXSE=yes
.endif

If editing /etc/make.conf gives you too much grief, then look at the
ports-mgmt/portconf tool -- it works the same way (ie. by setting
variables in the make system) but has a user interface that attempts
to be a bit more friendly.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3