NTPD on 7.1-PRERELEASE

Nerius Landys nlandys at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:04:03 UTC 2008

There was recently a thread that I started relating to ntpd not
starting correctly becuase DNS and network were not available at the
time of start.  Do a

  ps -U root | grep ntpd

If you see 2 processes, then the thread I mention may apply to you.
If you see one or no processes, then that thread probably does not
apply to you.  In the thread, we were talking about how the DNS
resolver helper process did not return successfully, causing 2
processes to appear and the ntpd not working.

The subject of the thread in question is "named and ntpd start order in rc.d".