lang/php5 port

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Wed Dec 17 07:29:17 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 05:16:34 Tom Worster wrote:
> On 12/16/08 8:33 PM, "Steve Bertrand" <steve at ibctech.ca> wrote:
> > One of the reasons I've had to edit Makefile manually was because a
> > client needed JPEG support.
> >
> > At the time, `make config' didn't provide that option.
> >
> > You make a couple of valuable points however. It would be easier if the
> > OP's demands could be met with your method.
>
> options such as jpeg, png, freetype were not offered by make config in
> lang/php-extensions when i tried it today in 7.0-RELEASE-p6. however, these
> extensions that i do need were included with the gd option.

Exactly, there are no jpeg_* functions and is no jpeg module for php. Image
functions are handled by gd and there's also a PECL extension to work with
ImageMagick. Read more about PECL here: http://pecl.php.net/ and all PECL
ports for FreeBSD are named pecl-*. So:
make -C /usr/ports search name=pecl-*	|less
will give you an overview of the PECL ports.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.