questions about some archive files, type *.rar

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Mon Dec 15 18:16:31 PST 2008

	This  is my last post about the collection of comparative philosophy,
	literature, religion, an anthropology.  The|One reason the disc was in ISO
	format is its jpegs or gigs embedded.  And possibly because it was in html.

	But say that I yanked the photos and used just plain text: 8-bit chars
	perhaps, and created my own CDROM version.  --I *wouldn't* waste my time
	duplicating this collection, but say that I did.  Could this be done in
	plain HTML and not require an ISO disc?

	Oh, a first ack that the gnome file browser is worthwhile.  It popped up
	when I inserted the DVD.  A right-click let me open directories, then
	a broswer works perfectly whell to surf around.

	gary

	PS: write me off-list if you're curious in some old-old research.

    The 2.17a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php