Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Dec 15 12:46:58 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 01:08:18PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> >Actually, Pentium M processors may well be the best x86-compatible CPUs
> >of their generation -- low power consumption relative to the competition,
> >and the best performance per dollar in their class.  Pentium 4, though,
> >certainly sucks.
>
> as having pentium-M laptop and pentium-4 server i can only say - you are
> exactly right.
>
> in real load my 1200Mhz laptop isn't much slower than 3Ghz pentium-4

. . . and my 1.73GHz Pentium M is faster than a 3GHz P4.

I was pretty happy when I heard rumors Pentium was going to start
offering tower system motherboards that accept Pentium M processors in
2003, but alas, they were just rumors.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Mediocrity corrupts.  Bureaucracy corrupts absolutely.